I received word this weekend that On Swift Wings won a finalist badge from Indies Today. It is always nice to get an award like this. I also received a really nice five-star review from their reviewer, “Nicky Flowers.” The entire review can be found here: https://indiestoday.com/on-swift-wings-by-brett-m-wiens/. Some of the highlights from the review include:A fabulous retelling of Gulliver’s Travels.
A fabulous retelling of Gulliver’s Travels.
Brilliant formal language.
The humour is subtle and pervasive.
Enjoyable for adults and children of any age.
A worthy tribute to a classic book.
A wonderful adventure laden with deep meaning and complex characters.Nicky Flowers for Indies Today
Obviously it is fantastic to have reviewers say such nice things and to receive accolades for the work, but the most fun for me is to still hear from actual readers who provide the most meaningful feedback.
On Swift Wings has been a project that I’ve poured myself into for the past six years, and I’ve learned so much along the way, things about writing, reading, publishing, marketing, and so much more. I would really love to hear more from you about what you enjoyed or didn’t enjoy about the book.
I’d even like to hear what is holding you back from giving it a try. Please let me know. I have a few more ideas for the book in the next few months, but more than anything, I really want people to give it a try. To that end, I’ve tried to make it as available as I possibly could.
Ways to try it, without spending a penny:
- Use the “look inside” feature on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Swift-Wings-Travails-Cygnus/dp/1999098005)
- Read the first five chapters that I’ve posted here: (https://brettwiens.com/part-one-the-island-of-the-huhuneem-and-yahoo/)
- Listen to the first ten chapters on YouTube: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1gsz3YSjXw&feature=youtu.be)
- Listen to a sample of the audio book: (https://shop.authors-direct.com/collections/brett-m-wiens-bw-literature)
- Borrow a copy from your local library (or if they don’t have it yet, request they order a copy)
Ways to support the book:
- Buy a copy of the book from Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Swift-Wings-Travails-Cygnus/dp/1999098005)
- Buy a copy of the Audio Book from Author’s Direct: (https://shop.authors-direct.com/collections/brett-m-wiens-bw-literature)
- Leave a review! Remember, if you leave a review of the book, the first 50 reviewers can request a free copy of the audio book.
Thanks for reading, may your world always grow!